Post 7
Dennis Chayer1-3-12
Title: Funny or not?
In chapter 15, Huck and Jim reached their goal. They had reached the Ohio river. Jim and Huck get separated during the foggy night. Huck in the canoe and Jim in the raft. Since the fog was super thick, Huck lost his sense of direction but eventually caught up with him again. When Huck found Jim, he was asleep. When Jim woke up, Huck played with him and made him think it was all a dream. Jim told Huck about the dream of the fog and how it was a obstacle he faced on the raft. for Jim's skills, he noticed all the debris, dirt and tree branches that was collect while he was adrift. Jim didn't find it amusing at all
While reading this part of the book, I found it pretty funny and super similar. It reminded me of my brother and I. We both would play tricks on one another. These jokes sometimes would be caught because of something that was left behind. Just like the debris that was found by Jim. For example, My brother on April fools day dyed the milk yellow and he had spilled the yellow dye on the counter. I noticed the yellow dye on the counter and when I saw the milk, I knew my brother had done something to it. I hated how my milk was yellow because I like it normal but no harm done to me.
If you were Jim, how would you respond to the joke? If you were Huck, would you do the same joke or change it up? If so, what would you do? Do you play jokes on any body that is related to Huck and Jim?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete