Post 9
Dennis Chayer1-4-12
Title: Family feud and it's not the T.V. game show.
I think that chapter 18 is my favorite chapter due to all the action and suspense it has in it. Now you might think it's weird of me but I disagree. Huck was on the Grangerford's property is gigantic with many slaves. They family is warmhearted and welcomes Huck. Sounds like my family (except with all the slaves of course) The youngest child in the family, Buck tries to shoot a member of the Shepherdson family but missed. Huck is curious (as would I) on why he was shooting at Harney. The reason of the shooting, was because the two families were in a big feud. Now as I read this, I thought how did it start? Why and whats the point of all the fighting? Do you have an opinion on this point Zach? If so what is it?
When I read that two people had died and one of them was a fourteen year old Grangerford I felt bad and I thought it was messed up. On the other hand, the part when they were in mass both families would have there rifles in between their knees. I found that very disturbing although I'm not very religious. And on top of that the preacher was talking about brotherly love. (No irony there)
The letter that Sophia got, why do you think it means half past two? Do you think thats when the ultimate showdown would happen? Do you think if Huck was there, do you think he could stop the fight? Do you think, that he would be in danger if he had gone to it? If you were Huck and you found out that that two Grangerford boys were dead from a gun fight, what would you do? Would you leave as disturbed as Huck was? Would you leave too?
P.S. This post would have been for chapter 18-20 but 18 was more intriguing to talk about.
No comments:
Post a Comment