Post 28
Zach Perry
11-13-11
Title: Hitler's Advocate
Jem and Scout are both becoming older, and school is starting again. Since they are becoming older they are no longer scared by the Radley house however they both badly wish to see Boo just once. I still think that he exists honestly, do you? Also I feel that only Scout really believes that he still exists. I mean, honestly, Jem is getting older and he never really seems too happy about anything. As I said school recently started, and Scout is now in third grade. One day in school, her teacher, Miss Gates, lectures the class on the wickedness of Hitler’s persecution of the Jews, and how it completely undermines democratic ideals and equality. The ironic thing however, as Scout points out, is that she can't preach about equality when she came out of the courthouse after the trial and told Miss Stephanie Crawford that it was about time that someone taught the blacks in town a lesson. Do you find it ironic how she can talk so much about democracy and equality when she herself was talking about the blacks being taught a lesson? I also find it humorous because that is how SO many people are today, two faced and opinionated. I know I'm kind of doing it now, because I have opinions on things and I also have flaws myself. Do you agree Dennis? BETTER NOT!!!! Just kidding of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment