Thursday, January 5, 2012

Post 22

Zach Perry

11-13-11

Title: Aunt Alexandria... Buh Buh Buh BAHHH

Well, Aunt Alexandria is quite a character to say the least.  She is ridiculously snooby, and I think that she is probably more of a burden than a help to the children.  She came to straighten them up, and also make Scout more "lady-like."  Aunt Alexandria recieves a very warm welcome from Maycomb by getting cakes and other baked goods from various women in the community.  I actually can compare this to my own, because at my Mom's house it is a very secluded neighborhood, but we are always giving eachother stuff.  For example my mom loves to bake, so she will normally bake cakes and what not to give to the neighbors, while they will give us fresh vegetables from their garden.  Does anything like that happen with your family Dennis?  Well, Aunt Alexandria really appreciates this, however this does not stop her from causing mayhem within the Finch family.  She is proud to be a Finch and tries to teach Jem and Scout why they should be too.  One thing I think Aunt Alexandria doesn't understand is that Jem and Scout are proud to be part of the Finch family, however they just don't act like a "normal Finch."  I find this unfair, because if Aunt Alexandria was a truly good family member, then she would accept anyone from the family for who they are.  Do you agree with that Dennis?  I find the whole "acceptance" thing an issue due to the fact that my step-dad's family can be quite judgemental, and I came into the family through marriage, not by birth.  It's tough to feel not accepted, but we all overcome these issues and in the end I'm sure it will work out for the children in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment