Sunday, January 1, 2012

Post 4
Zach Perry
11-13-11
Title: "The Cabin" "Being very sneaky"

In Chapter 6, as you said, Pap kidnaps Huck and brings him to a cabin. You also said that Huck tried to saw his way out when Pap was gone, which actually makes a lot of sense.  I agree with you that I would put up the best fight possible to make sure I don't get kidnapped, however I disagree with you on threatening him with a saw.  If he was able to overpower me once, what's to say he can't do it again?  I would actually wait for either pap to leave for a while, or for pap to get drunk and later pass out before sawing my way out.  This causes Pap to not know where you went due to the fact he didn't release you.  If you went to pap with a saw and said let me go, he would either take the saw, or he would drop you off somewhere and have an idea where you are.  I would want him to have no idea where I am.  And I believe if he was drunk and found out I had left, he would try to chase me down in the moment, thus losing his way in the woods and not knowing where he is when he sobers up.
In Chapter 7 Huck planned on tricking Pap by faking his death, as you said.  His ideas were good in the moment, but were slightly flawed in the long run.  To fake his own death, there would be more reason to not have axe marks all over the door, so I wouldn't have done that.  Also with the pigs throat being slit, I agree with the Idea, however there really was a lot of splatter, and it was kind of messy.  Luckily though, these flaws did not matter due to the fact that pop was out of it as you said, so he really did not have a clue it was faked.  You asked a question what would have happened without the boat, but what I think is since he was able to fake his death and do all of the necessary escape procedures, I think he could have made one from tree bark, or anything that he could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment