Post 26
Zach Perry
11-13-11
Title: Man, oh man
The Kids all decide to go to the courtroom to see how their father is doing. They can't find a seat anywhere, and since they are just kids, they decide to sit in the colored balcony. I found this as both a bold, but necessary statement that they made. The time in which this book is based is when racism is still accepted. The reason this is a bold yet necessary statement is because of the fact that there is a white lawyer representing a place defendant, and white children with the black audience. It is impressive I personally think, what do you think about it? Do you think this is good, or do you think it will just create more controversy later in the story? I think that once they reach a verdict that it won't matter any more, but we'll see. The jury later goes out of the court to make their verdict, which is when Atticus tells the children to go home and eat supper. They want to stay to see the verdict, but Atticus, knowing what the verdict will be and knowing it will be stated before they get back, says they must go eat supper. The children rush home, eat supper and rush back, and the courtroom is still filled. They made it in time! I was honestly happy for the kids to be able to see the final verdict, did you feel the same? Sadly though, the jury comes back around 11:00 p.m. and gives a guilty verdict. The children are absolutely devastated, however I personally was not suprised. I expected this due to the fact that racism is accepted, with an all white jury and a black defendant, this really means that there is no way for the defendant to win.
No comments:
Post a Comment