Thursday, January 5, 2012

Post 10
Zach Perry
11-13-11

Title: Bring a gat



 I honestly thought that chapter 18 was kind of funny.  I'm  one who doesn't really take things too seriously when it is from a book and that is why I found it funny.  The two families that were fighting were two just fine families, but were in a feud.  It actually reminded me of gang violence when the little kid was trying to kill the other family, because they always have the young ones and the new to the gang people do all of the "dirty work."  If this was happening in the real world and I was somehow involved it would be alot more scary, however I'm reading the fictional story of two families fighting.
  About one of the people dying being the young boy, I'm the type who doesn't think wow that is messed up that a child died, I think more along the lines of "Well maybe if he wasn't holding a sign that said 'you all suck' on the other family's property he wouldn't have gotten shot." I'm not super religious either, however I thought it was fine if they wanted to bring their guns.  Church is a place for peace, however you still have to make sure that you are safe, so if the other family starts to shoot, you have the means to defend yourself.

The letter that Sophia got I think is when the "major fight" is going to go down. I don't think that Huck could stop the fight though because it was going on before he even got there, so he means less than winning that battle.  I also think he would be in danger due to the fact that he would be seen as one of the Grangerfords so the others would be after that. I wouldn't want to fight, however I wouldn't leave as if I just saw my own mother die in front of me if I heard about a couple of people dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment