Post 1
Dennis Chayer11-13-11
Title: "Banned book and the gold"
Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain has been a banned book for a while now. The big reason why the book is banned, is because the use the "N" word. It is used many times without pausing or interrupting the text or book. Another reason why it was banned was because it has slang and hard reading. Many library committees disproved of this book for how vulgar it is. Concord public library committee banished the book on the grounds that it was too trashy and vicious. (http://www.twainquotes.com/18850319.html)
Gold, Gold, Gold. Find gold would be so sweet. I know Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn where part of the poorer society and their luck changed. It changed when they found 12,000 pieces of gold and split it 50-50. If I were either of them, I would probably take it all for myself. I would put 4,500 pieces in the bank for future access. I would take the rest and buy food for my family and buy a nice house. If you your either Tom or Finn, would you take it for yourself? What would you do if you found that much? Where would you go if you had that money now a days? Would you put it in the bank? If so how much of it?
No comments:
Post a Comment